Taylor Swift premiered her video “You Need To Calm Down” and guess who gets out there? Right! Katy Perry ! That's why the cookies and all those rumors that they had made peace. HA!
Taylor's video is pretty colorful, according to Vulture is full of clues (you know she loves to put them and their fans look for them) and metaphors that require analysis. Taylor directed his new music video along with Drew Kirsch and the clip has many celebrity cameos, most of them queer, like Ellen DeGeneres, Ryan Reynolds, Bobby Berk, Billy Porter, Ciara, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Justin Mikita, Adam Lambert, Todrick Hall , Hayley Kiyoko, Adam Rippon, Chester Lockhart, Dexter Mayfield, Hannah Hart, Antoni Porowski, Jonathan Van Ness, Tan France, and RuPaul.
Ok, in the YNTCD video there are a lot of clues, in Vulture they explain them with luxuries of details, sorry I leave it to you here with luxury of laziness
- The box that says “Mom, I'm a rich man” (is a quote from Cher centuries ago, maybe there's a collaboration with her on this record.)
- The dice on the table (there's a whole set of numbers according to the fans).
- The kitten clock (it's by his new kitten Benjamin Button)
- The pink champagne (they say it's a song).
- l celu that says Lover (name of new album and a song).
- When they grab the cakes with their hands (relationship between “Blank Space and this video.)
- The tattoo on Taylor's back a snake that is Transforms into butterflies (it's his metamorphosis and such).
- The magenta flowers (it could be that Tay is going to declare bi, because from years ago it is said that he had an affair with Karlie Kloss, but who knows?)
- The postbox with the message “Love Letters only” (message for his haters or possible song).
- His hair painted with the colors of the flag bi.
- The necklace with the number 13.
- The number 5 on the target (the number 5 song of their records is always the most emotional).
- The ice cream cones (one song)
- The “Cruel Summer” tattoo by Ellen DeGeneres (collaboration with Bananarama or cover, or a tip to Kanye West who it has a song called like that.)
- The Queens queens contest with Drag Queens: Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, Adele, Cardi B, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, and Nicki Minaj, RuPaul throws the crown to the air (no there is Queen of Pop, all are queens according to Tay). I'd swear I saw Gwen Stefani, whatever! LOL!
- Ryan Reynolds painting Stonewall (Taylor appeared at the Stonewall Inn the weekend in a proud presentation with Jesse Tyler Fergunson)
- Happy Meal is Katy Perry dressed as a hamburger (as in the Met Gala) and Taylor as a french fries (best friends).
 At the end of the video there is a message that says: “Let's show our pride by demanding that, nationally, that our laws treat our citizens equally. Please sign my petition supporting the Senate by the Equality Act on Change.org. “
They say this is the most political video of Taylor Swift so far. According to a Vox.com report this song wants to become a queer anthem. According to TMZ, the release of the single shot the donations to the organization GLAAD – a defense group that focuses on LGBTQ representation in the media. It is said that “Taylor is not only a good ally because she shows community celebrities in her video, she also uses her enormous influence to support a tangible political cause that impacts the lives of millions of outcasts in the US.”
And that's it. To all the Farandulistas who wanted to see this report. XoXo. Oh, do not forget to tell me if you liked Taylor Swift's You Need To Calm Down video, ok?